Hamburg. France. Belgium. Abu Dhabi. Damascus. Bayreuth.
21 years of living, studying and working outside Germany. 9 years in French-speaking regions. 12 years in the Middle East.
Skills and qualifications: Solid and versatile intercultural and language skills. In-depth specialist knowledge in the fields of law, tourism, history, archaeology, theology, Islamic studies, Arabic studies, and politics and society in the Middle East. Decades of experience as a translator and interpreter in France, Belgium and Germany.
- Graduate (“Magister”) in Arab studies, Islamic studies and African studies, University of Bayreuth
- Translation graduate (“diplôme d’université”) with the language pair French <> Arabic, Université Lumière Lyon 2, Lyon/Damascus
- State Translation Examination (“Staatliche Übersetzerprüfung”) in French, Leipzig
- Publicly appointed and sworn translator for the French language at Bayreuth Regional Court
- Authorised as a translator for Arabic by the President of the Higher Regional Court in Koblenz
- Sworn interpreter for French and Arabic at the Higher Regional Court in Koblenz
- 2011. “Arabic Secret Languages.” Folia Orientalia 47(2)
- 2007. Arabische Geheimsprachen.